04 December 2010

Bit delayed on updates...

I've been busy working on a few projects, I don't have any pics of them at the moment because I want to have them "just right" before showing them off... but I'll at least give some info.

OK, so the main project I have been working on is knives... I've been working on scale knives using .64 gauge Aluminum sheet. I've completed 4 so far, but I want to have a few more done before showing them off. I've had a really fun time making them so far.

Sorting out older stuff in my collection... I was going through some older customs from the past years and seeing if I really like them or if I can revisit them, or just scrap it and start something new with them. One of said customs was a CG Ice repaint from like 6 years ago. I liked the repaint at the time, but not so keen on it now. I liked the outfit, but sadly over time, the pleather of her outfit has deteriorated. So I took the custom apart, I'll use the outfit parts that are still good down the line somewhere, and I removed the head and set the CG 2.0 body aside.

I redid the eyes on another Babs FF Gillian head. I've always thought of the FF Gillians I have done as sort of a "B Movie" Actress, so in that vein, I will be making this one into a Cave Girl, as I allready have her portraying a 50's Space Babe (see HERE). I repainted her eyes the same, a nice gradient shading, which I think gives her a more neutral expression. I also repainted her lips a more natural color. So I'll have pics of her when I figure out her cave girl outfit. I'm still trying to decide if I should go back and repaint the original Gillian's eyes the same way or keep her the same... any ideas?

I do still have some other stuff I need to catch up with pictures with (Darla, Cody, some others) and hopefully soon I'll get all that stuff snapped and posted.

Stay tuned and thanks for following.

1 comment:

corsetkitten (aka Erica) said...

Better late than never, eh? ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing how the full range of knives goes!