03 January 2012

TOP TEN OF 2011

Hey Everybody,

It's time to recap what I think are the best things in 1/6 that I have gotten over the past year. I had mentioned before that this year I haven't bought many complete boxed items so this list is primarily a listing of loose items purchased throughout the year.

#10 - The Return of OJI Part I. - This listing is sort of a double listing. A few months back Old Joe Infirmary returned to the 1/6 scene and started selling loose parts once more. The Best part of this for me being that they had items from their "Fembasix" apparel line. For those who don't know, the Fembasix line was a small assortment of high quality and extremely reasonable priced lycra / spandex clothing items and some molded items. So for part I of this double listing, I am covering the lycra / spandex items.

They offer a couple different items, Their solid color pantyhose / tights, sleeveless bodysuit, and long sleeve leotard. These items come in a variety of colors, are great quality, and the $4 pricetag can't be beat. They make fantastic items for either super hero customs or in general just for wear individually or under other items to compliment... as seen in these pictures below of Gillian's spy girl "Noire" ensemble using a gunmetal grey sleeveless bodysuit under her Dollsfigure outfit (my #10 item from last year.)

Here is Gillian showing off a pair of the pantyhose / tights for just lounging around in.

GILLIAN'S APARTMENT XMAS SET A (11)

These tights also look amazing if you take Takara CG style bootfeet and place them together over the pantyhose making like stocking boots.

OJI HOSE W BOOTFEET

#9 - The Return of OJI Part II. - This second half of my OJI listing is the molded items. Primarily their previously unreleased Goth / Bike boots. These are basic molded rubber boots. They have amazing detail and by far blow Triad's biker style boots out of the water. The tread  and buckle detailing is fantastic and just makes for an overall fantastic sculpt. As you can see, I paired these up as well with Gillian's "Noire" ensemble and they look quite nice IMHO.

OJI BOOTS (1)

OJI BOOTS (2)

I hope that OJI brings back more of their Fembasix molded items such as the bare feet they used to offer which were simply amazing sculpts.

#8- ACI Military Shirt and Cargo Pants sets. - These were an item I was very happy to have gotten. They were high quality 5.11 styled clothing items in a variety of colors. Certainly expanded my mini me's wardrobe... making it match my 1:1 wardrobe.

ACI UNIFORM SETS (1)

You can check out more regarding these sets from my post earlier this year here.

#7- Sideshow Toys G.I.JOE: RAH Beachhead Crossbow. - This was another piece from one of Sideshow's G.I.JOE line. It is a modernized tactical crossbow. It comes with a removable bow section and a MOLLE mountable quiver with 5 removable bolts.

SIDESHOW RAH BEACHHEAD XBOW (1)

Now I personally recommend that if you have one available or that you pick one up off Ebay, that you add a ZC Girl / World scope to the weapon. I used a spare ZC Girl Desert Eagle scope and it's rail mount fits the crossbow perfectly and really accents it nicely.

SIDESHOW RAH BEACHHEAD XBOW (2)

#6- Sideshow Toys G.I. JOE: RAH Stalker Khukri knife. - This is a really nice piece that came with the RAH Stalker figure. I nice modern styled Khukri knife in a kydex sheath.

SIDESHOW RAH STALKER KHUKRI

I picked up a couple of these, a pair of them went to use on my one custom version of Gillian for her post apocalypse styled ensemble and were laced onto her harness.

DSCN4101

#5- TTL SS Girl V 2.0 Long Hair Headsculpt. - Repainted by myself for a sci fi WIP character "Erin".

TTL SS GIRL REPAINT (2)

TTL SS GIRL REPAINT (1)

#4- TTL Short Hair Female Headsculpt. - Repainted by myself for another sci fi WIP character: "Thessica".

THESSICA (5)

THESSICA (6)

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (16)

#3 - Sideshow Toys G.I. JOE: RAH "Nalgene" style water bottle. - These miniature water bottles are quite the work of art. Expecting to have just gotten a bottle with a pop off lid, I was happy to find that it does actually screw on, and on top of that has the sipping insert in the neck of the bottle.

SIDESHOW RAH NALGENE STYLE BOTTLE

Since canteens are very old school now and the majority of hydration for sports and military today is either via hydration packs or these style of bottle, I definitely wanted to get myself some.

#2 - Hot Toys Spiderman New Goblin Sword Set. - Whilst I am not a huge fan of licensed figures, I often choose to get loose items from certain figures due to a style or design that I like. This was the case with the Hot Toys New Goblin. The swords the figure comes with (3) are all the same style handle, but the blades are varying lengths... which made them perfect for using as a sci fi / fantasy blade that starts out short and can change it's shape into a full length katana... so I picked up two sets of the blades so that one of Gillian's characters could have such a pair of magical / mystical blades.

GINGER'S BLADES (1)

Small
GINGER'S BLADES (7)

Medium
GINGER'S BLADES (9)

Large
GINGER'S BLADES (4)

#1- Custom Silk Couch by Corsetkitten - Gillian's apartment living room just recently got furnished with a fantastic silk upholstered couch that I received from Corsetkitten :) This piece really has helped a lot in giving me more than one set using my setup and was a great housewarming gift for Gillian ;)

CORSETKITTEN COUCH (1)

CORSETKITTEN COUCH (5)

So that is my top ten for 2011. Again, whilst I cut back this year, I found myself doing more with what I did have and limiting myself to items that I knew were going to be put to use rather than just sit in bins like so much other of my 1/6th.

Thanks for following.




3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Are the fembasix stockings and lycra suits suitable at all for Hot toys bodies?

Silent G said...

Hey Jonathan,

All the Fembasix stuff should work fine with HT female bodies. If I get a chance this weekend I'll try them out for you on an HT body and snap some pics.

D7ana said...

Thanks, Will! I'll look for the Fembasix stuff.

First time on Blogger this week! Thanks for the link in POSSE.