28 December 2010

TOP TEN TOYS OF 2010 -#5

#5 - Hot Toys Predators "Royce" Head Sculpt.

Predators_Royce_3

As you can see many of my favorite items for this year are head sculpts. So many great figures came out this year, but many of them didn't come with enough items as a whole to make them worth while as a total purchase. So through various dealers and Ebay I procured the items of interest I wanted.

Adrien Brody for the most part was an actor I couldn't stand until the past year. After seeing him in the movie Splice and then Predators, I took a closer look at the actor and his range. So after seeing those movies and some others I had a new found respect for him.

ROYCEPIC

after seeing him in Predators, I felt he really fit the role well and was a real bad ass as "Royce"... to the point of upstaging Ahnold's "Dutch"... Dutch got his ass handed to him by the Predator, where as Royce pretty much handed the Predator it's ass... and it was a tougher Predator even...lol

When I heard Hot Toys was making Royce I knew that that the head sculpt of Adrien Brody was one I wanted to add to my collection. His face is just very full of character and the likeness is dead on.

HTROYCEHEAD (1)

HTROYCEHEAD (2)

HTROYCEHEAD (3)

The only downside to the head is that HT made him dirty, which was fitting for the role he was based upon. So I need to experiment with removing the grime if I can. The only other thing I will do is as usual: repaint the eyes.

I didn't buy the entire Royce, so I didn't have the body he came with, but that was fine for me. Adrien Brody was pretty buffed up for the role, but nowhere near the body that Hot Toys made him on. I simply mounted mine onto a Hot Toys True Type body and he looks fine. As usual, for now, I'm still deciding who Adrien will become.

Thanks for Following.

No comments: