07 December 2010

Various tidbits...

OK,

I promised myself I'd keep up to date with this thing, and I'm going to do that, even if I don't have much to say, I'll post it.

So what's new? Let's see...

I got the first of my two Hot Toys Adrien Brody heads... and I must say WOW... HT never rests on their laurels with anything, each head sculpt I get from them just bowls me over with how good it is. They really got him down. I will probably only touch his head up with the one thing I fend doesn't satisfy me with HT heads; The eyes never seem to have enough "depth" so as usual, I'll repaint them gradients as I've done with just about every other head sculpt I've gotten recently... factory eyes just don't cut it for me anymore...lol

I got some more gloved hands, which some people from some boards know is probably the last thing I need any of...lol I picked up a set of 6 various posed hands by Sideshow from their G.I.JOE RAH Beachhead figure. All six hands are going to one figure, it's just nice to have various poses for each figure.

I picked up a new bit for my Dremel, one that should make it a bit easier for faster stock removal of the aluminum when I make my knives. I picked up a 1/8" Tungsten Carbide Cutting Head.

Also on the knife making side I found a new online source for the string I use to make the handles. This new place has more colors and offers a larger amount of it for a cheaper price.

In other news as well, Inception comes out on DVD today, so I'll be going to someplace after work to pick that up. If you haven't seen it yet, I strongly suggest you do. It is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen.

OK, take care folks and thanks for reading.

No comments: