30 December 2010

TOP TEN TOYS OF 2010 - #2

#2 - Hot Toys Clash of the Titans Perseus Head Sculpt.

Clash_of_Titans_Perseus-2

I like the actor Sam Worthington. I think he's a good actor with a great screen presence. From Terminator: Salvation, to Avatar, to Clash of the Titans... I think he carries himself well in both action and dramatic roles. I still want to see him in the movie he did of a modern day adaptation of Macbeth.

sam_worthington

sam-worthington-20090921-536845

ALO-070173

Anyhow, Hot Toys, a company that doesn't rest on it's laurels has so far released two versions of Sam Worthington. They released him as Marcus Wright from Terminator: Salvation (which I have as well) and not to disappoint, they did not re use the same head sculpt for the version of him as Perseus from Clash of the Titans.

Sam's head sculpt was one that I had to add to my collection. I was able to preorder the Hot Toys Perseus head online parted out. I got mine for I believe $35. I ordered two (Something I do a lot...because I'm OCD like that.) I figured that two heads plus two Hot Toys bodies, coming in at around $150 was better than $300 for two complete boxed Perseus figures that had a body that was over built for Sam Worthington (Much like they did with Adrien Brody), wasn't as poseable, and also a bunch of accessories I had no use for.

sam-worthington-wire_370x370

So who did Sam play this time? His new role is as "Rhett Paladin" another action / adventure / spy character to compliment (and be the love / hate interest) of Gillian (She had a big say in that.)

RHETTPALADINUPDATE (5)b

RHETTPALADINUPDATE (3)

RHETTPALADINUPDATE (7)

RHETTPALADINUPDATE (14)

RHETTPALADINUPDATE (16)

RHETTPALADINUPDATE (12)

Rhettpaladinupdate (1)

As you can see, Sam / Rhett here is dressed up in the TTL Men's Suit Set. It works great and looks great on him. The cut of everything is fantastic as is the quality as I mentioned before. This is an item that I highly recommend and am looking forward to getting more like it from TTL's assortments coming in the new year.

These two items in conjunction with each other are what made this my combined #2 & 3 of the year, as they went together to make a great character.

Thanks for following.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the MOST expensive head on Ebay. Even more than the Scarlet (Black Widow) head !
I am still trying to get one.

OneSixaddict