18 December 2010

Various Musings...

OK, so today I came to some conclusions...

I realized it's pretty bad when you have so much stuff, you forget about things you have. Last night I was preparing to buy some HT Truetype Narrow Shoulder bodies for my HT Adrien Brody / Royce heads. I currently had two HT TT Advanced bodies that I had purchased for my Sam Worthington / Perseus heads. I had given one of them to Adrien Brody, but that then left me still requiring two more for my other heads (as I have two of both Sam and Adrien) and the fact that the body was too built. granted, Adrien Brody was pretty buff for Predators, but not that much.

I was about to drop 80 bucks for two narrow shoulder bodies for the Adrien heads, but then realized I still have a case of HT TT first version bodies (which are in between the advanced body and the narrow shoulder) and I hadn't even tried them to see how he would look on them.

HT has always done a fairly good job of making sure that even though there may be slight differences between the batches of plastics, they are generally a good match regardless.

So now, both Sam and Adrien have two bodies a piece and I didn't drop 80 bucks I didn't have to.

Continuing with this thought, I have been looking at matching up some characters to other characters. I was looking for a male character to go with my Goth Twin Sisters. I wanted someone late 20's early 30's, with a serious / stern / stoic look to him, who was relatively clean cut but with an edge. So I had one head that was a recommendation by my friend Sydnee, but when I placed him with the sisters, he didn't fit the bill. So I was again looking around online for heads.

After rummaging around this morning for something completely unrelated, i came across the perfect character... and I've had him for ages and haven't done a thing with him. I have an HT Chris Redfield on a normal TT body. He has just the right look and pairs up with the sisters nicely. I just need to do a few things to make him a bit more "mine" as I like to do. I'll probably redo his eyes and add some drybrush highlights to his hair to bring out the details a bit more.

In other news... I ordered some more hobby supplies yesterday. Ordered more colors of cord for wrapping my knife handles as well as another related project with it. I ordered some tiny metal buckles from Rio Rondo for said other project as well.

I also have another idea to check out today... thanks to the Inception (Plug for IMHO the best movie of the year) by my friend RichardTheBloody last night... We were talking about customs and heads on ebay and he mentioned wanting the Barbie Joan Jett head. This is a head I really liked from the get go seeing pics of it, but I had passed on because outside of my FF Gillians and some heads I already had, I've mostly leaned away from Babs head on CG customs. Rich mentioned that I should get Joan and turn her into Space Babe Gillian's nemesis... a dark queen like "Malificent" of space... I have to say I agree with him...


Damn him for such a great idea! lol...

So my local Big Lots has them for I think $25 bucks, so I'm gonna pop there today, see how she would compare to a CG 3.0 body since she is pale, and then decide if I'm going to go that route or not. If I do, all the credit to Rich for such a great idea.

So that's about it for the hobby side.

I'm off to see Tron Legacy on IMAX in 3D today.

Have a good one and thanks for following.

No comments: