20 November 2010

Murphy's Laws of Shopping...

"When you win something on Ebay, you will inevitably find it parted out at your favorite e-tailer the very next day."

So... Hot Toys Royce has arrived on the web, and originally I had preordered 2 of him boxed. This morning I realized that he really didn't have enough stuff that I wanted him boxed, I just wanted the Adrien Brody headsculpts. So I cancelled my preorders and decided to just get the headsculpts. So I was bidding on one on ebay. I knew that if I didn't get one on ebay that my favorite e-tailer Toy Anxiety wouldn't part him out... but I also knew that the moment I won the head on ebay, that tonight when I looked on their site, they would have. So I won the head for about $46 shipped... and of course, lo and behold, Toy Anxiety has him parted out tonight. This of course was not particularly a bad thing, as I did want two of his heads, so I bought a second one for a bit less than I paid for the first, so I'm happy.

So, today I got some other things in the mail... I got the replacement casing for my Crackberry (no literally, the outer screen shield was cracked), my WWI DML Long Barreled Artillery Luger Pistols (one of them is the property of Darla), and some aluminum sheet for a project.

As for stuff in the works, I repainted Darla's eyes, I liked her head factory, but I wanted to really make her a bit more "mine" so I repainted her eyes green... it also let me try out a new color I got... "Wasabi"...

OK, so that's about it for now, stay tuned and thanks for following.

No comments: