24 December 2010

TOP TEN TOYS OF 2010 - #8

#8 - Hot Toys Jill Valentine Head

RE5-Hot-Toys-Jill-Valentine-007_1272021505

Hot Toys makes a lot of figures that I like. Not always specifically for who they represent, but more so for head sculpts be they a specific actor / actress or just look in general. With the price tag of most Hot Toys figures, I have stopped buying entire boxed figures unless they have enough parts included that I can use on other projects, as I rarely keep figures stock. So when I saw Hot Toys' upcoming Resident Evil Jill Valentine I really liked her head sculpt, but of all her accessories, she only had three things that I had any interest in: Her Head, Her Beretta PX4 handgun, and her boots. I was lucky enough to get two of the three things.

I got her head loose through Toy Anxiety for @ $35, and I picked up two pairs of her boots for $5 a pair at Monkey Depot.

So back to Jill's head. I just thought that Jill had a "pretty average" face. By that I mean that she isn't anyone drop dead gorgeous, but she looks like someone you would easily see on your day to day walk of life. Many people don't like sculpted hair, but it's hardly something that bothers me. She lacks some range of motion in the neck however. I think this is due to her having been made for the newer female True Type body that Black Widow and She came with.

HTJILLVALENTINEHEAD (1)

I already had a body to put her on, a Caucasian Hot Toys True Type Female. Which was a decent enough match for her. The way her jawline is sculpted just seems a little off to me the way it sits on the neck, like she is tucking her chin in perhaps. Not anything major.

HTJILLVALENTINEHEAD (2)

HTJILLVALENTINEHEAD (3)

HTJILLVALENTINEHEAD (4)

So like most heads I get, Jill can expect a repaint of her eyes (factory painted eyes just don;t do it for me anymore) and probably some dry brushing of her hair to give it some highlights.

As for who she will be? That is yet to be decided.

Thanks for following.

1 comment:

corsetkitten (aka Erica) said...

She has a really lovely head. I think she might be one of the under-rated sculpts out there (and 35 bucks for her head?? That sounds like a steal to me!)

I like that although she is well sculpted she doesn't seem to have that "uber real" look to her (if you know what I mean?)