22 December 2010

TOP TEN OF 2010 - #10

So, finally joining in this year, here is the beginning of my top ten toys for 2010.

#10 - "Explorer / Spy Girl" Dollsfigure Outfit

DF101-103

I'm lumping this in as a single entry, even though I bought two of these. I have both the Black and the Khaki versions. Gillian got the black and Darla the khaki.

I just really loved the retro look of the outfits. They are reasonably priced, but also in the same vein you are getting what you pay for. I got both of mine on Ebay in auction for I think 10 bucks shipped each.

As those who follow my blog have read, I modified mine a bit, removing the buttons and snaps and resewing the buttons on the opposite side to look unbuttoned. The main reason for this was that the outfits are near impossible to button over any doll's chest... which in the cases I used it for, was fine with me...lol

I only used the main outfit in both cases. The other accessories aren't anything amazing. The pistol they came with is not the one pictured, which would have been nice, a Russian Tokarev TT33 w/ removeable magazine and working slide, but bot sets I got came with a crappy one piece copy of Cotswold / 21C's original M1911A1 .45 handgun.

Overall the outfit is nice, easily worth 10-15 shipped, but not much more IMHO.

So that is #10 for this year.

Thanks for following.

No comments: