11 December 2010

Darla Dauntless...

If you can't tell by now, I caught up on a lot of stuff today picture wise, so for my third post for today, submitted for your perusal, I present my new daring 1930's adventuress...

Darladauntlessteaser

Darla started out as a pair of boots actually... talk about starting from the ground up. I had purchased a pair of Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Sheva Alomar's brown leather knee high boots.

DARLADAUNTLESS (9)

I knew that whoever they were going to be used for was obviously going to have to be a Hot Toys True Type female body. So that was obviously the next thing added to her. After seeing the Dollsfigure Khaki Tan Explorer outfit on ebay.

DF101-103

So I knew the brown boots would go great with that, and having had the black version of it for my Spygirl Gillian, I knew it was decent enough for the money. Dollsfigure stuff is getting exactly what you pay for, it's relatively inexpensive and the quality is average. I paid I think $10 shipped for it.

Next came the decision of who would Darla be (well she didn't have the name Darla at the time), So after much searching, I decided on the Hot Toys Jessica Biel as Abigail Whistler head. I won her on EBay for around $45 shipped. So I got her head and it worked fine on an HT True Type body. The only thing I did extra to the head was repaint the eyes to make her more "mine" instead of stock.

DARLADAUNTLESS (18)

DARLADAUNTLESS (17)

So, having most of Darla's outfit together, I set to doing what I did with Gillian's version of the outfit, which is being it fits ok everywhere but the chest, I removed the upper two snaps and resewed the buttons on the opposite side to make it look properly unbuttoned... and yes, it's unbuttoned for a reason because she is a "pulp" style heroine...lol

DARLADAUNTLESS (24)

I ditched the crappy canvas belt that the outfit came with and added a wide brown leather belt by DML. It fit the looks nicer and blended the transition of the top and shorts of the outfit as it is a one piece outfit.

DARLADAUNTLESS (21)

So once the outfit was all complete, next came the gathering of accessories.

Darladauntlessgear

1. HAND ASSORTMENT. - Various Hands for various poses and holding items. All Hot Toys from various figures. 6 shown here, but 8 different hands in all for her.
2. GOLDEN IDOL. - Custom Idols. See my post HERE.
3. BRITISH SMLE MKIII RIFLE. - Dragon Models.
4. RELIC DAGGER. - Hot Toys from Prince of Persia Dastan.
5. U.S. M1911 HANDGUN. - BBI.
6. GERMAN ARTILLERY MODEL LUGER. - Dragon Models.
7. BULL WHIP. - Sideshow Indiana Jones.

Relic Dagger

DARLADAUNTLESS (33)

DARLADAUNTLESS (6)

SMLE MK III Rifle

DARLADAUNTLESS (1)

DARLADAUNTLESS (4)

Bull Whip

DARLADAUNTLESS (7)

Artillery Model Luger

DARLADAUNTLESS (29)

DARLADAUNTLESS (26)

M1911

DARLADAUNTLESS (30)

Darla still needs a couple of things. I need some pouches, a holster, a knife and sheath for her belt, but aside from that, I like how she turned out.

DARLADAUNTLESS (13)

DARLADAUNTLESS (5)

DARLADAUNTLESS (10)

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Mick said...

Great work! She's awesome! Really like that kind of adventure girls.

Silent G said...

Thanks :)

Aaron said...

Did you ever get the holster and other parts you were looking for? If not, let me know: leather@kungfugrip.mysite.com

Silent G said...

I did eventually get a holster for her thanks. Checking out your site though, nice work and if I am in need of some leather holsters again in the future I'll get in touch with you :)