14 April 2012

MAD SCIENTIST AT WORK

Hey Everybody,

It's been a hectic start to the new year, just been very busy with many things, but I have been working on stuff in the background. So after a bit of an absence I finally have at least a small update of some things.

So, what couple new things have I been up to? Well, one of the things I have been up to is a Mad Scientist... I wasn't referring to myself...

Mad scientist (8)

Mad scientist (2)

Mad scientist (9)

Mad scientist (10)

So, who better for a mad scientist than Johnny Depp in classic Burtonesque styling? I have been wanting to make a mad scientist for some time now, but couldn't find the right headsculpt until now. I recently picked up the wonderfully emotive Hot Toys Sweeney Todd headsculpt for a good price and thought it would be perfect. The only repaint I did to it was mixing up some paint to match the hair and painting over the white streak through it, beyond that, I didn't think the head needed any other work. He is mounted on a Hot Toys Slim Truetype. I dressed him in a Sideshow Toy Buffy The Vampire Slayer "The Master" leather coat, black pants by Hasbro, and boots from the Hot Toys Watchmen Comedian. To finish him off I am using a set of very expressive hands from a Hot Toys Batman. His arcade style remote control for some questionable experiment (or perhaps he is just relaxing and playing video game) is from the Hot Toys "Friend" figure.

Mad scientist (5)

Now all he needs is some large laboratory equipment.

Mad scientist (14)

Thanks for following,

4 comments:

corsetkitten (aka Erica) said...

He needs a whole lab set up! And some henchmen (or henchwomen, even!)

jonathan said...

Love it. He could be Peter Cushing's understudy?

D7ana said...

Good casting for your mad scientist. He looks better without the white streak, too.

Silent G said...

Thanks Everybody :)

Yes, at some point I would love to have a complete lab for him and I do have plans for an assistant for him :)