18 April 2012

WEATHERING UPDATE

Hey Everybody,

So here is my first weathered idol:

WEATHERED IDOL 1
WEATHERED IDOL 2

This was something that was quick, fun, and simple to do. I simple took the colors of chalk I wanted, scraped them with an xacto knife into a cup, then added windex as my thinner to make the wash, and brushed that over the idol. Once dry it was then sealed with matte sealer through the airbrush.

More of these and more chalk weathering tests to come,

Thanks for following.


2 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

That looks fantastic! Definitely a great way to weather. And using windex as your alcohol...brilliant!!! =D

Silent G said...

Thanks :)

I use Windex as my thinner for everything. I learned it as a trick from airbrushing vids on youtube. I like it because it has a drying time is in between isopropyl alcohol and water. The one drying too fast and being too harsh in some cases and the other taking forever to dry :)