03 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year Everybody!

Dscf0021b

The past year has been a time of change for me in many ways... being positive I am going to say that all but a few were good, some bittersweet, and maybe only one or two bad. These events have given me a new outlook on things and truly made me understand "Carpe diem" for all aspects of my life. Since this blog only covers one of those aspects, I shall espouse what applies to it.

At any one time I generally have 1000 ideas running through my head of projects I would like to do in 1/6, however many of them tend to not leave the notepad of my mind and that is something I want to change. In general I have found that I have befallen the usual cop out of "life getting in the way" but when you actually pay attention to what is going on around you, you find that it is just a cop out in many cases. We all have many things going on in our lives, but I have seen plenty of people who if they want to do something, they do it, they make time, etc... And I strive to be one of those people. So this year I have several projects that I really want to get done.

Upgrade and completion of Gillian's apartment & work on other set pieces - While making Gillian's apartment I learned a few things that needed to be improved. I will be chronicling those upgrades and how I will use them for future sets here on the blog as well as via some Youtube videos.

Restoring the POSSE - Pennsylvania Organization of Sixth Scale Enthusiasts - A local group of hobbyists based generally out of the Philadelphia area that I have run in the past. I have let the group rather languish over the past several years, but sometime around November I popped back into the group and started up some activity again and I am hoping that the interest continues and I can get this group back to active local participation as well as participation from members from all over through a variety of means in conjunction with my blog and other social media plans throughout this year. You can check out more about POSSE here.

Youtube - CSG Tutorials - As I mentioned, one of the ways I would like to bolster participation and sharing of the hobby through social media is via Youtube. I do tutorials here on my blog, but after seeing the huge community for miniature wargaming (that I used to very big into prior to 1/6) and model building in general, I felt it would be good to use that for my tutorials and just following projects in general. I have started with less than amazing tutorial on Youtube about 3 months ago in which I recorded myself working on a repaint of a Monster High doll custom for a friend. I didn't particularly share it here as yet because it was Monster High for one, which isn't really a main focus of my works (despite the more I see the creativity in their character designs, I keep getting ideas of my own to try just for the heck of it)... but moving on... those videos in the space of a couple months via Youtube have garnered many subscribers and views. If anyone is interested in checking out the videos you can go here. So as the months progress I am going to work on better tutorials and other things on Youtube (once I get my new camera) so I'll keep everyone posted on those.

Scratchbuilt Mecha - As I have mentioned in previous posts that for a while now I have wanted to build some sort of piloted mecha in 1/6. I am rather partial to Ashley Wood's WWR robot stylings as well as other influences such as my love for the Metal Slug series of video games, so I would like to take from a few inspirational sources and build something and the accompanying pilot for it. The mecha most likely won't be much larger than around 36" tall as I'd like to keep it reasonably for space considerations. I already have my ideas for pilot though. The base of the pilot is going to be a Hot Toys Resident Evil Sheva Alomar headsculpt on an ethnic skin tone Cy Girl clone body.

With these mentioned items being my primary goals in 1/6 for this year, I will of course update the progress of these projects as well as add new ones as others get completed.

So I want to thank everyone who has followed my blog since it's start and I look forward to your continued support and following in the future and hope to keep offering you all something of interest.

SG

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Didn't you hear that announcing your plans, is the best way to hear god laugh? :)

D7ana said...

I look forward to participating more in Posse activity, online definitely and offline I'm still working on.

My 2011 Top list is stalled because my master document crashed - grrr.

I like this 2012 Hobby Plan Announcement post; gives us something to look forward to and to aspire to do.

Here's to completing more in 2012.

Silent G said...

@ Jonathan - LOL, I know, believe me, been there done that in life already lol

@ D7ana - Thanks :)