15 July 2011

WORKS IN PROGRESS: MERCENARY & THESSICA

Last week I had repainted my Soldier Story Stephen Lang / Col. Quaritch headsculpt. This week it was working on his character and gear. So I have decided that his character is going to the a mercenary / head of security for an arms dealer character I will be working on for a cast of characters.

COLONEL Q REPAINT UPDATE (12)

COLONEL Q REPAINT UPDATE (11)

I decided to go with the pair of green ACI 5.11 Tactical style cargo pants, a black short I have had for ages by Hasbro. It is from way back, from a Delta Force Commando figure from well over 10 years ago. It's old, a little faded, and had rolled sleeves that I did on it years back, and it just seemed to fit nicely. I then used Hot Toys styled molded boots from the Toys City 90's SEAL. I'll have to pop up a quick tut on how I attached them without any modification to the Soldier Story body. PACA Body Armor Vest is from the Soldier Story SAD V2. Gloved hands are also from the Toys City 90's SEAL. Lastly the Safariland 6004 Drop leg Holster is from the Toys City DEA FAST figure.

For his armaments, I decided to go with a custom modified 21st Century Toys USAS 12 Shotgun. I shortened the barrel on it, made a compensator, added a mount for attaching a BBI / TTL Surefire Taclight Foregrip, and finally went with Sideshow G.I. Joe RAH line Magpul PMAGs for the magazines. I went with the Sideshow PMAGs because they are overscale... so much so they feasibly work with the weapon and approximate 8 round magazines for 12 gauge ammunition. I also modified two Hot Toys Kydex M14 magazine pouches with velcro to attach to his vest to hold spare magazines for the USAS. I also gave the character a Hot Toys Sig Sauer P250 handgun instead of the Sig P226 that his holster came with. Both weapons have practically identical dimensions so they both work with the holster fine.

COLONEL Q REPAINT UPDATE (8)

COLONEL Q REPAINT UPDATE (7)

COLONEL Q REPAINT UPDATE (6)

COLONEL Q REPAINT UPDATE (5)

COLONEL Q REPAINT UPDATE (1)

COLONEL Q REPAINT UPDATE (3)

So for now, this character is pretty much complete.

Now, on to Thessica. She is my repainted TTL headsculpt that I went with magenta eyes for something different.

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (6)

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (7)

I used the bodysuit from the ZC Girl Carol set and boots from Sideshow's Star Wars Asajj Ventress. I am basically going for a sci fi / survival horror / alien killing style character for her. I liked the brown outfit because it made me think of Ripley in Alien: Resurrection. For her weapon, at least her signature piece... If there is one thing I have learned from Aliens and Star Wars, it is that you can take any WWII German weapon and slap some parts onto it and make it into a neat sci fi weapon lol.

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (10)

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (5)

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (1)

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (4)

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (3)

THESSICA'S BIG GUN (12)

She still needs some more gear, but I am pleased with how she is coming along :)

Thanks for following.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot D**M, impressive to say the least !
Way to go SG

OneSixAddict