25 July 2011

MUSINGS...

So, what have I been up to lately? Not too much. Mostly trying to reorganize myself to deal with a new financial situation that isn't going to afford me as much cash flow for 1/6 as I used to have.

Now trying to see things in the best possible light, this made me think that perhaps it isn't such a bad thing. Having less money simply means making and getting more out of what I've got.

So that being said, I need to refocus on some projects. One of my main projects that was truly a bit too "lofty" a goal needs to be reconsidered... IE The Loft...lol I think my original plan was great, and in the best possible situation would have been fantastic, but space and budget constraints are going to need me to downsize it some. I think rather than my large open space design, I need to make it more compartmentalized and modular so that it can be set up and taken down and not be a permanent fixture taking up 5 feet by 3 feet of my living room. So that will be a project I'll start revisiting in the near future.

I have more stuff than I ever know what to do with. I don't write trade lists mostly because it's easier for someone to just ask me if I have something than for me to actually sit down and catalog stuff. For my characters I want to work on for casts for projects, I need to go through what I have and start putting things together rather than keep thinking about buying new stuff to do the same.

Having less new things to get also gives me the opportunity to revisit older customs and update them... either be it with paint apps, applying new skills and techniques I know now that I didn't know when I made them.

So rather than look at this as being a bad thing or time, I feel with a positive mindset, I can turn this into a very good opportunity to work on things I haven't in a long while and catch up on things I've been meaning to.

Thanks for following.

2 comments:

corsetkitten (aka Erica) said...

I think the re-think/ revamping of your loft idea is a good move. You should consider (I know, I know) making your sets the way that I do so you can flat pack them when you're not using them. ;)

And you know, the good thing about this whole situation is that you'll have a working & reliable car when you come and visit! :D

Silent G said...

Yes, I have been thinking about that. I do think I will be making to be able to be broken down and stored flat. It just makes it so much easier.

And yes, having a new reliable vehicle is a good thing :)