11 April 2011

MUSINGS: WHAT'S IN THE WORKS?

Hey Everybody,

Just an update on what's in the works with my hobby wise.

I've been juggling a couple projects. Working on an outfit for Gillian. I need to get some bias tape and sew a couple extra belt loops onto a pair of Triad Jade's booty shorts... I want the outfit design to have suspenders, but the problem is, the shorts only have belt loops on the sides, so I can't put the suspenders on without the belt tugging up in the back and the front and look like crap. I need to add about 3 more loops... two in the front center lined with each leg and then a single one in the middle in the back... then it should be good to go.

I finally broke down and bought the Barbie Basics Series 2 #14:

MODEL14BarbieJeans2

After my friend Corsetkitten showed her to me and mentioned that with a repaint she would make a great rendition of Gillian, despite about 2 months of fighting the urge, I finally broke down and got her (like I needed more Gillians lol). So being as I couldn't find her anywhere in stores, I ordered one online... and of course, what do I find the very next day... I find her in Target... on sale no less... so now I have two of her... lol So I'll be doing her up soon and I'll have her posted here.

Crazy Dummy has a neat new upcoming U.S. Army Ranger figure.

194328qhhp9q7ur8h93r7o

1949058txvvfhl1sqvrtvt

I really like the headsculpt. After having just seen the trailer for "Warrior", considering his role in Inception and him playing Mad Max in the remake, and looking at other pics, I'm pretty sure they were going for actor Tom Hardy:

Just-Tom-tom-hardy-18950275-594-446

It reminds me a bit also of actor Erik Palladino:

MV5BMTM1MTI5OTIyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDExOTY0Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY426_

Palladino starred as Sgt. "Scream" Silas in the short lived Iraq War drama "Over There". The head is not exactly him, his face is a little more round, but no doubt I expect OSW to start being flooded with "Sgt. Scream" bashes when this figure is released.

Anyhow, it's a nice head sculpt and one I'll be looking out for when it gets released.

So that's about it for the moment.

Thanks for following.

4 comments:

D7ana said...

Barbie Basics #14 of the second series is also on my Want List, SG. She has an interesting face.

"Crazy Dummy" ... hmm. Sounds like a new action figure company. As if I needed to know of about new companies - sigh. Can't wait until I can subscribe again to Cotswolds to see upcoming figures ;-D

Silent G said...

Yes D7ana, Miss 14 is certainly a gorgeous lady :) (as are many of the Basics ladies... and I'd love to get some of them too, but body matching is the issue.)

I just placed her head onto a TTL body a little while ago and she looks great, so tomorrow I shall paint her face up as Gillian :) Can't wait to see how she comes out :)

Crazy Dummy is a new company, this is only their second figure... But I really like the character of the sculpt.

D7ana said...

Thanks for the information on Crazy Dummy!

Not sure if I mentioned this before ;-O

Anonymous said...

I really like that headsculpt too. I will surely get it when they breakdown the figure.

OneSixaddict

http://onesixguildstories.weebly.com/