19 January 2011

Usual Musings...

Hey Everybody,

I'm overdue for a blog entry, so I figured I'd go over a few things.

I've been working on a few characters for upcoming stuff. I have some items coming soon from SMcG Customs to complete my Goth Twins and some other clothing items for Gillian. I have a TTL Brunette coming as well to turn into a villainess with an eye patch I think... I just have a desire to do a woman with an eye patch.

Preorder wise I cut back on an upcoming item. After seeing the production pieces I decided I didn't want as many... I'm also trying to cut back on being so compulsive with buying figures I like... and this helped.

I wanted 3 of this girl when she looked like this:

thumb_1290241985U64I

thumb_1290241982AUsW

But not so much like this:

11jan13 WW II SS  (4)

Still a nice sculpt, and I think the messy hair and photography have a lot to do with it, but I'd rather have one in hand and like her than get 3 and not. I'll be taking her outfit:

thumb_1290241947cgQI

And pairing it up with my final set of Takara Kerberos Panzer Cops Midori armor I have. Using the greatcoat sans the SS regalia.

Triad Toys Jade Van Helsing shipped yesterday. As with a lot of Triad stuff, one has to be wary. I had one on preorder and I hoping that Triad would do a decent job with her. Triad has even claimed on their board that they have more oversight with their boxed items being they are shorter runs. (Why that should make a difference on how you control the quality of items you produce is beyond me.) Anyhow, not to beat Triad up, from the production pics this item looks good. Whilst I am not one to keep a figure intact, she will of course be broken down, touch ups make, and turned into some other character.

This is an item ran across the other day at Walmart:

IMG00444

Kinda neat little cartoony dinosaur that I thought might make a neat pet for my Cave Girl Gillian. It has some neat features, the mouth opens and locks back, and then snaps down when you press it's tongue. Makes a few sounds too. The eyes are really neatly done. They follow you depending on the angle you are looking at them. I passed on it though... I couldn't validate the $10 price tag on the thing due to it's lack of poseability. Perhaps it's something I'll pick up on sale down the road.

So that's just a quick update hobbywise for now, more soon.

Thanks for following,

2 comments:

Matt B said...

The Snaptor is too cute! I may have to head off to Wallyworld!

Silent G said...

They have like 4 versions of them there. One is red and is more Velociraptor like, then a green Archaeopteryx like one, and the last one is the same as this one, but in another color.