28 August 2011

MUSINGS...

Hey Everybody,

It's been a while and I'm a bit overdue for an update. I have been thinking a lot about why I don't update that often. I've only ever wanted to have updates to my blog that actually had some sort of content and interest: Works in progress, completed works, custom pieces, various ideas, etc. I see many a blog, not just 1/6 out there that post daily if not more than daily, and this isn't meant as a slight to other 1/6 bloggers, more just my commentary on a personal view of blogging. I follow several blogs that all I see is the posting of every new item coming out ad nauseam... I'm sorry, but just re posting the promo pics of the latest Hot Toys / Toys City / TTL figure that probably has more than likely already been seen on every other board and forum on the net is just silly. I understand and think it's fine to post the occasional item that really excites you, etc... I've done that such as when the ACI 5.11 pant and shirt sets came out... but as I said, more than that doesn't constitute content in my eyes. Anyhow, I just thought I'd share a little more insight into one of the reasons I don't post that often. I apologize if that offends anyone.

So, moving on... What is in the works? Well, I still have many projects that I want to get to work on, but being shorthanded at work and picking up extra hours has put a bit of dampener on some of that, so it's only been a bit of work here and there.

I've been working a custom MP5 for one of my characters. I added a M4 style collapsible stock on it, an HK Claw mount with an Aimpoint sight, and also made a custom quad stack magazine for it. My first version came out OK, but I will probably make another one when I get some more styrene.

I've thrown together some more gear, and swapped out some gear on a couple customs that are already underway. I have been working on a modified load bear harness turning it into more of a corset design for my post apocalyptic survivor outfit for one of my custom Gillian Faire characters.

I do hope to get some pictures of all this stuff so I can actually have a decent post soon.

Thanks for following.


3 comments:

Amithi said...

"all I see is the posting of every new item coming out ad nauseam..."

Thank you!
I feel (and mentioned it on my blog in passing) that more and more bloggers do this. I can't really speak for action figure blogs, because I don't follow that many. But you can see this trend in fashion doll circles, too.

The (presumably) unpaid promoting of items / companies is imo so annoying that it is actually a criterion for me to not follow a blog any longer, because I really don't need to see the same pics over and over again... especially when Integrity announces a new doll. :(

If I find an item exciting, I link to it. So anybody who is already familiar with it can skip the pics and anybody who doesn't know about it and is interested will be able to see what I'm talking about. For me that's enough and I wish more bloggers would do it that way.

Anonymous said...

Your doing a great Job G
No complaints & Keep it up

OneSixAddict
http://onesixguildstories.weebly.com/

Silent G said...

Thanks Amithi, OSA :)