24 February 2011

SEMI REVIEW: TTL SS GIRL 2.0 WHITE OUTFIT

OK, in previous posts I had mentioned that I was waiting on my preordered TTL SS Girl. I bought this set for the girl primarily, with secondary ideas for uniform parts from it. I have no interest in German SS figures as I don't collect WWII Military anymore, and even when I was I wasn't into all the Nazi figures.

So, review of the figure. As with everything I have bought from TTL so far I have been impressed at the quality and tailoring of the items. However in this case, it wasn't a tailoring issue that was a problem, it was a poor QC issue.

Ttl ss girl (3)

Ttl ss girl (4)

Ttl ss girl (2)

The white dress uniform jacket was manufactured using a stained batch of textile as you can see the color variances of the pleat panels in the back, and the breast pocket. It didn't help that whoever was packaging the figure had grubby hands either. As I said, I didn't get the figure for that specific uniform, but the fact that they left all the insignia off it for the purchaser to add, would have given the option for the jacket to be used on something else possibly... but with the staining I will probably try and wash it and see if that helps, if not,it will just get tossed. I have contacted TTL and sent them the pictures. What they will do about the issue is another story.

So, onto the main reason I got the figure:

TTL SS GIRL (6)

TTL SS GIRL (1)

Ttl ss girl (5)

The headsculpt turned out quite nice. I agree with a few other people that whilst it didn't turn out looking exactly like the promo head, it has a lot that makes it look better in many ways. I have yet to repaint her eyes and any other details I might do. At least the dress blouse she came with was in nice condition and clean...lol

As for the rest of the set, the uniform great coat, pants, bootfeet, and other items were top notch. The only really bad thing out of the whole set as I mentioned is the uniform jacket. I'll be digging out my remaining Takara Kerberos Panzer Cop Midori armor to see how I plan to work that together with the greatcoat, pants, and bootfeet to see what I can make for my last Kerberos custom.

Thanks for following.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she looks younger that the promo picture...and I like the real thing more !

OneSixaddict

Silent G said...

Yes, This is one of the nice cases where the released product came out nicer than the promotional one.

Anonymous said...

Are there any improvements to the body since this is the new TTL female body ?

OneSixaddict

Silent G said...

No, the body is the standard TTL female body with the small bust. I can't find any difference between it and the previous releases.