02 August 2007

AGENT 626 - CODENAME: COBRA


An homage to the B Movie Spy Genre of the the 70's.

Yes, the name is corny... it's supposed to be.



Agent 626 - Codename: Cobra is a custom modified Jakk's Pacific Charlie's Angels Lucy Liu headsculpt, that I straightenedand trimmed the hair on, and made a mount to put it on a CG 2.0 body. The outfit is Triad Toys' Domina 2.0 Black, with the thigh high boots from the Pole Position outfit. Her holsters are from CG Ice, and I have used micro velcro to make the thigh straps for them. Her sidearms are the new sculpt 21C Blued Desert Eagle handguns from the new "Street Heat I" weapon set. IMHO this is the finest Desert Eagle sculpt I have seen... with fantastic detail, great paint apps, quality of the mold, and the fact it has removable magazines and working hammers.




I really like this custom, whilst not very in depth of a custom... only real work was modifying the head, It is one of my favorites. The ensemble of the the great headsculpt (Whilst not Lucy Liu, it is a great Asian sculpt nonetheless), superb quality of the the Triad outfit, and my love of most things "B" Movie make it so.

5 comments:

corsetkitten (aka Erica) said...

Look you, You neeeed to update your blog occasionally!
Snap some pics and put em up!

;)

*seriously, I know you have stuff to share!*

D7ana said...

I like this head mold, too. Good ethnic face that isn't cookie cuttered. Mine, alas, still rests on the Jakks Pacific G.I.R.L. Force body she came with. Don't have a better body for her yet.

I admire your upgrading of her body.

Silent G said...

Thanks :)

It took a bit of a modification to upgrade her body due to the deep set neck post. The head looks nice on this body, but surprisingly even better on the Triad Otaku as you can see here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/codenamesilentg/sets/72157606738739236/show/

Unknown said...

Hello!

I have the same doll & a Fashionista to re-body her, but she doesn't fit. I'm a beginner, & thought you would know how to get around the problem.

And I love your wonderful work!

Silent G said...

Thank you Lila :)

What I had to do to get the head to work on the body I uses was make an insert to go inside the neck hole on the head.

The Jakks bodies had a super long neck that would go up into the head and grab. So what I would recommend you do is similar to what I did with the CG body I used.

So if you can find a spare Barbie head or cheap doll head that you can cut up. What you will need to do is basically cut the neck ring out of that head, so you have a tight grip on the Fashionista body's neck. Once you have that piece on the Fashionista you need to trim it so that it can be pushed up into the hole on the Lucy head. Once you have that, you can then use something like hot glue to adjust the side of that new socket to make sure the head sits just right.

I know this may seem a bit daunting at first, but it isn't that bad. If you need some more help, when I have a chance I can help out with some sketches / diagrams for it :)