12 July 2012

REVIEW: MAGIC CUBE PENCIL JEANS SET

When I first saw these outfit sets advertised, I was really happy to see some nice new casual apparel being released, which so far is what Magic Cube has made a good name for themselves with so far.

382465_10150857952249823_742178081_n

They normally model their outfits on Hot Toys bodies, which have different proportions than CG and TTL, So I was a bit wary at first as to getting a set because of fit. I decided to bite the bullet and order a set off ebay when I found one for $22 shipped.

MAGIC CUBE PENCIL JEANS SET

MAGIC CUBE PENCIL JEANS SET

MAGIC CUBE PENCIL JEANS SET

I was definitely pleased with the set when I got it. The quality is top notch. Of course such an outfit would go to Gillian. She is on a TTL body, so I know that these outfits at least work on those, I am still wary about a Triad Alpha however as I have yet to try it. I ordered what I thought was supposed be a green / green set (Set C), but it turned out to be more Mustard / Khaki... which for me was a very pleasant surprise and I actually like it better. As for range of motion in the tight jeans... I was surprised by that as well. Her knees can bend 90 degrees and stay, and she can also sit properly.

MAGIC CUBE PENCIL JEANS SET

MAGIC CUBE PENCIL JEANS SET

MAGIC CUBE PENCIL JEANS SET

Gillian is also modelling the modified Hot Toys Babydoll heels (I need to do a post on how these need to be modified for TTL / CG feet), one of my mini paracord bracelets, and a door knocker knot necklace with an Ankh. For some more pics, you can check out my flickr set here.

I am definitely going to get another of these sets in a different color (And just did today, set B), as well as some of Magic Cube's other upcoming releases. Magic Cubes products can be purchased via Ebay or I have only seen them advertised elsewhere by Cotswold Collectibles.

Thanks for following,

4 comments:

Vita Plastica said...

Wow, those clothes look great. Thanks for the info! Though Gillian looks good in everything. And nothing. hee!

Edward Liu said...

Good Stuff to Go also has a bunch of Magic Cube stuff up in the pre-orders section now. So far, they and Cotswold seem to be the only ones doing it.

D7ana said...

Nice set. I like the pumpkin top with the green jeans also. Thanks for the tip and the link.

Silent G said...

Thanks Everybody :)

Vita - Yes I agree :)

Edward - Yeah, I don't see too many others carrying them. Thanks for letting me know that GSTG is as well.

D7ana - Yes, that set looks nice as well. I went with the burgundy / pinkish jeans set when I ordered another today :)