20 July 2012

MODIFYING HOT TOYS SUCKERPUNCH BABYDOLL'S SHOES

In my post showing off Gillian with the Magic Cube outfit I have her wearing the heels from the Hot Toys Suckerpunch Babydoll figure. I figured I'd go over how these heels need to be modified to be used on feet other than Babydoll herself.

HT Babydoll Heels

Inside the heels (they are a vinyl upper and a hard plastic lower) there are pegs which fit into the feet of the HT Babydoll body. So first you have to go inside with an Xacto Chisel tip blade and carefully remove them.

HT Babydoll Heels - Modified Feet 


Once that is done, you have to Dremel shape the TTL feet (one heck of a pedicure...lol) to get them to fit inside right. But overall the work pays off for such a nice pair of shoes.

HT Babydoll Heels

HT Babydoll Heels 


Thanks for following!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

in the process of removing the shoes from babydolls feet, do either the shoes or her feet get damaged in any way? I would like to remove the shoes from her feet but it's not because I want to put them on another figure, I just want to be able to take the shoes off anytime I want to, but I don't want to do it if it will damage anything in the process.

Unknown said...

does the process of removing the shoes from babydolls feet damage either the shoes or her feet in anyway? I want be able to remove the shoes, not for another figure, but just to be able to take them off whenever. I don't, however, want to remove them if I will be damaging anything in the process

Silent G said...

Babydoll's shoes come off normally with no damage to the foot or shoe. There is just a groove in the foot that is designed to accept a peg that is in the shoe. So if you are only using them for Babydoll, there is no damage nor do you have to do any modification to her.